Here are a few highlights from that brochure.
To qualify for SNAP, you need to meet two income guidelines (Effective Sept. 1, 2010 through Sept. 30, 2011):
1. The first step is meeting the Gross Guideline. If you meet this guideline, turn in an application to see if you also meet the Net Guideline.
Household Size Gross Monthly Income
Add’l Members + $624
*Households with a previously disqualified member will need to meet a lower Gross Income Limit.
2. When you apply, your case worker will deduct a portion of your living expenses from your income to see if you meet the Net Guideline. Your Net Income for SNAP cannot be calculated until you submit an application.
Household Size Net Monthly Income
Add’l Members + $312
• You can apply at any Office of Public Assistance (OPA).
• Apply online at www.app.mt.gov/mtc.
• Mail or fax your application to the OPA.
• Application can be printed at
• You can call the OPA and ask if you qualify for a
• You can have another adult apply on your behalf.
Not sure if you want to apply?
Complete the easy and confidential pre-screening tool:
When you have your interview you will need to bring:
• Personal identification (such as driver’s license, library
card, Medicare care or doctor’s bill)
• Social Security numbers for everyone for whom you are
applying (actual card usually not required)
• Proof of your rent and utility expenses (such as bills,
receipts, lease agreement or mortgage)
• Proof of your income (such as pay stubs or verification of Social Secuirty, Disability, unemployment benefits, etc.)
For more information, please contact the
Montana Food Bank Network
Phone: 1 (800) 809-4752